Sunday, February 10, 2019

Asia Travel Part 3 - Busan, Korea

First thoughts:  Seems like a thoroughly modern city, nothing much to distinguish it.

Further thoughts:  Not much really, went and (kinda) saw another Buddhist temple, but given a huge number of steps to the temple without railings and given that my physical therapy left me wonderfully able to go UP stairs, but with fuck all ability to go DOWN them I declined to hike up a mountain I couldn't descend.  Pretty though.  The brief excursion in to the city itself showed an interesting mix of modern city above with some street stalls and fish market below.  And a Starbucks.

Tour: Don't waste your time, the one I was on consisted of a trip to a temple and a whirlwind excursion through the main fish market without even the time to take pictures.  We were then left to our own devices to figure out the code to the bathroom at Starbucks.  Complete waste of time (this will be a common theme).

Food: Not a clue, the only thing I managed to find time to eat was something from Starbucks to keep my blood sugar up and a green tea drink that smelled disturbingly of old fish.

Chance of getting mugged:  Moderate?  Maybe?  If you did maybe they could suggest somewhere to eat.

Would I go back?  I honestly didn't see anything to show this was Korea.  I'd like to actually see Korea, but I'm in no hurry.  At this point I think I'd rather go to Shanghai twice instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment