Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Nam Prik Pao

So if you're in the Lansing area, please ignore this as Nam Prik Pao is horribly disgusting and you should avoid it at all costs. For those not frequenting the same stores I am, the stuff is like crack. It's a delicious combination of caramelized shallots, garlic, and chiles. I'm pretty sure you could spread the stuff on cardboard and it would be award winning. For my tastes, a spread on just about any sandwich involving cheese, or a dose in most curries is dynamite. Look for the Pantai brand "chile paste with soya bean oil". A spread on an English muffin with cream cheese and a fried egg may ruin you forever. I haven't tried making it myself from scratch as it's rather intensive, but I'll take a chance at it and post the results before long.

2 comments: