Sunday, August 23, 2009

Chiles Rellenos

Tonight was a first for me in attempting chiles rellenos, and I don't yet have anything I would call a recipe, but as general idea: saute of onion, garlic, and serrano, then add a mixture of ground beef and pork. Season with cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, ancho, and some paprika. A can of corn (and this is one of those things I'm thinking of changing, namely to hominy to give a richer corn taste and more texture without as much sweetness) and a little chicken stock to round it out. I stuffed that mixture in to roasted and peeled poblanos with a sprinkle of monteray jack cheese and baked it; battering and frying would be a more typical approach, but given the mess of trying to keep the peppers together with the stuffing I'm glad I went with the baking for the first run. All in all it turned out fairly well, but if you have any thoughts I'd love to have some new view points.

No comments:

Post a Comment